Monday, August 15, 2005

Sample cover letter for a staff position

Mark M. Hancock
XXX XXX-XXXX (home)
XXX XXX-XXXX (cell)
Street address
Plano TX 75093

The Sample Newspaper
XXXXX XXXXX, Assistant Managing Editor
PO Box 55555
City, State Zip

August 15, 2005

Dear XXXXX,

I request consideration for the staff photojournalist position at The Sample Newspaper. I have been an award-winning staff photojournalist for The Current Employer daily newspaper since 1996.

I have superb planning, communication and organizational skills. I am also comfortable in fast-paced and changing environments. I am adaptive and versatile. I work well with others while striving to achieve high personal goals. All of this will lead to the strongest visual impact for the readers.

I offer a high level of technical knowledge and competence in digital photography, wireless transmission and lighting. I am meticulous in my attention to accuracy and have not had a single cutline error during my entire time at Current Employer.

Thank you for your consideration,

Mark M. Hancock

Labels: